Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 February 2012

158/365 - One Step Closer (Richard Bach)


“I had grown up in a house with a fence around it, 
and in this fence was a white smooth wooden gate, 
two holes bored round and low together so the dog could see through. 

One night, 
the moon high, 
late for me home from the school dance, 
I remember that I stopped, 
hand on the gate, 
and spoke so quietly to myself and to the woman that I would love 
that not even the dog could have heard.

"I don’t know where you are, 
but you’re living right now, 
somewhere on this earth. 

And one day 
you and I are going to touch this gate where I’m touching it now. 
Your hand will touch this very wood, here! 

Then we’ll walk through 
and we’ll be full of a future and of a past 
and we’ll be to each other like no one else has ever been. 

We can’t meet now, 
I don’t know why. 

But some day our questions will be answers 
and we’ll be caught in something so bright...
and every step I take 
is one step closer 
on a bridge we must cross to meet.”"

- Richard Bach
(Bridges Across Forever)

No comments:

Post a Comment