Total Pageviews

Friday 7 October 2011

24/365 - Pleasure

"Pleasure is the physical manifestation of Joy.

[...] The only secret to learning the lesson of pleasure is to make time and space for it in your life. [...] Many people have an invisible quota in their minds for the amount of joy they will permit themselves to experience.  They become so busy living life that they view pleasure as a luxury they simply do not have time for.  

[...] However, your life simply will not work as well when you deny yourself pleasure.  The old adage of all work and no play making you dull is quite true; you may find yourself living a rather colourless life if you do not pause every now and then to indulge your senses.  Pleasure is like the oil that keeps the machine of your life running smoothly.  WIthout it, the gears stick and you will most likely break down.

Sometimes I forget the importance of pleasure as I race through the demands and commitments of my life.  I forgo a day at the beach with my husband in order to finish a project, or I cancel my appointment for a massage so I can take care of errands.  Inevitably, I begin to feel irritable and tense, which is a signal to me that I need to slow down and let in a little joy.

[...} What brings you pleasure?  Do it, and do it often, for it will give lightness to your heart and do wonders for your soul." - Cherie Carter-Scott Ph.D. (If Life is a Game, These are the Rules)

No comments:

Post a Comment